The objective of ILMIS is to strengthen land tenure security by improving the security and reliability of land transactions through the establishment of an efficient and reliable land information system to provide affordable, secure and reliable land administration services for the customers and improve public confidence in the land administration services.
The Integrated Land Management Information System (ILMIS) will:
1. Increase land tenure security.
2. Provide affordable, secure and reliable land administration services to the customers.
3. Reduce the time required to check, update and transfer land.
4. Prevent encroachment on wetlands, forests, road reserves and other public land.
5. Improve stewardship of land and natural resources.
6. Help to reduce corruption associated with checks, registration and transfer of titles.
7. Improve public confidence in the land administration system.
ILMIS commenced in July 2016 and will be completed by July 2018 including a maintenance period.
ILMIS will be implemented in the Dar es Salaam Region including the Dar es Salaam Zone Office and Kinondoni Municipal Council.
Ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlements Development (MLHHSD)
1 Ardhi Street,
P.O. Box 9132,
1477 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania